1 Who we are
1.1 Our website address is: http://www.theeightbells.net.
The Eight Bells
31 Carisbrooke High Street
Isle of Wight
2 Changes To This Policy
2.1 When we feel necessary we may amend this Policy by updating this page with the new Policy. Please review this Policy regularly for any changes.
2. 2 By using this site you agree to this Policy or any revisions made.
3 What personal data we collect and why we collect it
3.1 This website is made using WordPress. The WordPress documentation states WordPress does not collect any analytics data. Our web hosting account that is currently GoDaddy collects some anonymous analytics data for use on their dashboard panel. This shows a users IP address which is a numbered address of the computer given by your router to send the website data to after a connection. It is how computers communicate over the internet.
3.2 Other connection information along side this IP can be data such as browser type and version and info about the connected device including the device type, operating system. This is done automatically by the hosting company but we do not use this information in anyway.
3.3 The analytics produced from this is to show the number of visits to the website or the separate pages during different time periods such as months and years. This feature is mostly a standard feature from hosting companies now by default when you host a website.
4.1 WordPress documentation states no cookies are used by WordPress other than when an administrator logs into the Login page. This is not for customer use and is for administrator access for site management. The link to this page is not provided in the menus for this reason. WordPress does mention a cookie will be set when visiting this page.
” If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.”
5 Embedded content from other websites and Analytics
5. 1 The Facebook and Instagram icons do not contain any embedded content and are just url links that take you to the Eightbells Facebook page and Instagram home pages.
5. 3 Click below link to view policy for Facebook and Instagram
6. 1 Contact information data sent to us not by this website but through use of the contact email address or phone number is kept for use as is needed either to reply or to use the information details for a customer requested purpose only. Such as table/ function room bookings, compliments and complaints and other requests. The emails that are sent to info@theeightbells go to a Microsoft Outlook account hosted on their secure servers.
6. 2 If you have any concerns about your information sent to us through email or phone please contact the Eightbells.